Become a Foster Parent
Treatment Foster Care is both rewarding and challenging. Intercept prides itself on teaching, training and supporting you and your foster child. Intercept's staff are here to support and train you to be the best teaching parent possible. You have the opportunity to make a lasting positive impact on a child's heart and life.
Call us today to learn more about becoming a foster parent, there is a special child waiting to call your home, theirs!
Qualifications to be a Foster Parent with Intercept:
- Single, Married, Divorced or Widowed adults can be foster parents
- Able to meet monthly expenses
- Clean background checks on all adults and youth ages 14-17 living in the house, including non-relatives
- Valid Divers License
- Must be financially stable to care for family expenses independent of monies received from being a foster parents
- Physician approval, free of communicable diseases
How we help you!
- Initial training includes 24 hour foster parent training course and home visits
- Monthly training relevant to the support and need of our children and families
- 24/7 support is only a phone call away
- Flexibility to offer one-on-one training to families
- Foster Family support network offering a variety of events and opportunities to meet other families such as picnics and support groups
- Intercept has a huge network of other foster families willing to support and guide you along this process, you are never alone
- Family Consultants help to facilitate enrollment in schools, the scheduling of physicians, specialty or dental appointments
- Built in respite days each month
- Intensive Case Monitoring and Coordination
- 24 hour Crisis Response
- Access to Intercept's LifeBridge Continuum of Care for additional supports and treatment options
Hear first hand from a current foster parent! Click here
For more information, contact a foster parent trainer closest to you
Toll free 24/7 ~ 1-844-987-KIDS
Chester ~ 804.629.0589
Stafford/NOVA ~ 540.270.8502
Chesapeake/Tidewater Area ~ 757.636.3277
Roanoke & Wytheville ~ 540.270.8502
Rocky Mount ~ 540.589.2823
Lynchburg, Waynesboro & Stanton ~ 434.989.8866
Would you like more information, or enroll in our next orientation program? Call us today or complete the form below and one of our experienced Parent Trainers will call you!